Monday, August 23, 2004

Limping along with the Yellow Dog

I'm so tempted to take the Yellow Dog (my '87 F150) to a car dealer and trade it in on a new one... it broke down on me again this morning. It's just a fuel issue that I could fix if I didn't have this full time job that keeps me busy... well, full time. Probably just the back tank needs to be flushed and cleaned and the fuel pump and switch need to be cleaned out.

How great would it be to have a shiny new truck sitting in the driveway tomorrow morning? A truck that would crank right up everytime I turn the key. A truck that would run without question for the next five years. A truck that would have a CD player and AC that would blow really cold. A truck that would stop smoothly and certainly. A truck that would ride smoother than the Dog does. A truck that I would feel good about letting my wife drive. A truck that was built within the last decade.

Oh well, enough fantasy for the morning. Got to get back to that full time job so I can pay for the repairs to the truck that I have (and love) and that has some fuel issue.

Old truck owners of the world... unite.


No comments: