Friday, January 28, 2005

Army Publication #ST31-180, AMEN

I just bought a book that was published for the Special Forces back in the sixties. I was looking for survival strategies that I could teach my boys. I got them... and a lot more. If you want to know how to make homemade napalm, I've got the recipe. If you are interested in destroying a bridge (any type) I know where to place the charges to bring it down, quickly and cleanly. If you want to know where to pop smoke to call in the Hueys I know how to get it done. If you want to know the radio codes for everything I've got a list. I've not memorized those yet since I don't radio any Green Berets. My favorite part of the book is the Special Forces prayer that is printed on the back cover. I will teach it to my boys.

Special Forces Prayer

Almighty GOD, Who art the Author of liberty and the
Champion of the oppressed, hear our prayer.

We, the men of the Special Forces,
acknowledge our dependence upon Thee in the
preservation of human freedom.

Go with us as we seek to defend the defenseless
and to free the enslaved.

May we ever remember that our nation,
whose motto is "In God We Trust,"
expects that we shall acquit ourselves with honor,
that we may never bring shame upon
our faith, our families, or our fellow men.

Grant us wisdom from Thy mind,
courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm,
and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee
that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the
victor's crown.

For Thine is the kingdom, and the
power and glory, forever, AMEN.


No comments: