Friday, June 03, 2005

Which came first?

I had one of those moments yesterday where a dear friend thanked me for my help. He thanked me for doing something that I cannot imagine NOT doing.

As I drove away I tried to remember how we got started. Who had done the first favor for the other? Who had first given of time or money for the other? In the classic "chicken and egg" model I can't tell you which one of us made the first sacrifice.

Thank God for friends. Thank God for giving us people in our lives who we cannot imagine being without. Thank God for the inability to remember who owes and who gives and who sacrifices. Thank God for friends that I can take for granted and who take me for granted.

1 comment:

Corey said...

I can honestly echo your prayer, but can't say enough to do it justice.

I can't imagine us not being friends. I don't thank God enough for your friendship. You are my brother and I know you will be until the day God takes us home. Thank you Lord!