Monday, March 21, 2005

Check our insurance policy...

The cool thing about being a father to two little boys is that their mother knows they need boyish toys. For instance, this weekend we went looking for a zip line so that the boys can risk life and limb, propelled by gravity, zipping across a steel cable that we'll suspend between two trees in our backyard. In order for the zip line to work well we may need to construct a tree house for them to use as a launch pad. Sweet! The cool thing about having little boys is I can buy and build all kinds of cool playthings for the boys that my wife would never let me buy just for myself. But a zip line for the boys... oh yeah. I'm sure that the first thing I'll have to do is test it for safety and speed. And this is just the beginning... hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, skiing... boys will be boys. Let's just hope they don't want to take up base jumping.

No comments: