Thursday, April 07, 2005

How shall the young secure their hearts?

Sometimes I open up this blog and I write 500 words and erase them. I look at what I've written and it fails the "making this world a better place" test that I'm applying to my life. If you've read any of my work you are probably wondering how any of it passed... I've got to be honest and tell you that I don't always use that rule. Anyway, today I did. I find very little in me, in my own words to make this place better, brighter, more enjoyable...

Steve and Chrissy Holt have a blog called Messy Ministry. http://harvestboston.blogspot.com/ They write as they prepare to move their young lives to Boston to spread the gospel to the lost world. I'm amazed at their faith and their choice. They chose Jesus first and will choose careers and houses and everything material second. I'm embarassed for myself when I was 20 years old. I made no decisions based on my professed faith. I'm also encouraged that they are setting an example and raising the bar and living like Jesus lived.

So, nothing about politics today. Nothing about our ridiculous culture. Just a quick mention of some people who are courageously living out the call of Christ. Steve and Chrissy, God bless you.

No comments: