Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Almost a White Christmas

I was shaving my head this morning, thinking everyone else in the house was still asleep when my 5 year old son yanked the bathroom door open and exclaimed, "It snowed. I was the first one to see it. It snowed."

We live in a place where snow rarely falls so a snow, especially on a day when there's no school, is a great blessing. Both of my sons bundled up and ran outside to play in the cold, white morning. Maggie, the dog was equally excited. She ran around the boys, chasing them and eating snow. The divine Mrs. L was outside with the whole crew, taking pictures and laughing with the boys. It was a beautiful sight.

Thank you God, for my beautiful wife. Thank you for my healthy, happy sons. Thank you for our warm house. Thank you for the glorious seasons and their respective delights. Thank you for the wonder and joy of a snowy morning.

No comments: